P8142 - Power Point Earth Leakage Detection Tester
This device is designed to test a 240V mains power point for correct operation, plus simulate an earth leakage condition to test the Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker (ELCB) or Residual Current Device (RCD) protecting that power point. It provides ELCB/RCD trip testing at 30mA and detects raised earth voltages about 50V AC, indicating potentially dangerous installations. LEDs provide instant feedback for electricians installing power points, enabling fast verification of correct wiring configuration.
Please Note: The unit is only intended to be used for short periods, typically less than 5 minutes. Do not leave the plug in for extended periods of time.
- Designed to test 240V mains sockets
- Simulates earth leakage condition
- Tests protection offered by ELCB and RCD on a circuit
- ELCB/RCD trip testing @ 30mA
- Detects raised earth voltages to about 50V AC.
- LED’s provide instant feedback
- Suitable for electricians